Tuesday, November 30, 2010

IITD: A brief history

A new day, a new post :)
I find myself a lot busy these hols mainly sleeping then music, fb and novels which leads to this delay in my post. Nevertheless देर आये दुरुस्त आये :)
Before plunging into today's topic I would like to talk a bit about my previous post. Looks like my yesterday's words were considered a bit too casual on my 'casual notepad'. Nevertheless I would like to thank my mom and Aditya for their feedback(though commenting on the blog itself would be much appreciated). Also I would like to give a small jist of yesterday's post. It was not just an elaboration of 'bakaiti' but a promise to myself to lead to a situation reversal, ie initially I was the one knowing most about Bakaiti and others asking about it and in the end I want that people get to know about it through my poem and I myself keep myself away from it and become as unaware of it as the readers were in the beginning.
About today, well, its just a small history of my college IIT Delhi which is not completely known even to all the IITD people. So hope it enlightens all.....


Currently I am studying in IITD
but a thought always comes to me
how did this great institution come to reality
which great mind thought of this idea wity

Surprisingly the place where I study(somehow)
was not always an IIT as we know it now
It was College of Engineering and Technology
whose foundation was quite princely

Prince philip laid the foundation stone
he was as the Duke of Edinburgh known
Prof. Humayun Kabir did the inaugration
the date being 21st August 1961

As the college proved its excellence
within less than a two years of its existence
the parliament amended the Institutes of Technology act
and hence this college was now a part of the IIT pact

The 1st two hostels were Vindhyanchal and Shivalik
these two hostels gave the college the  starting kick
Then came Kailash for the girls
as beautiful as diamonds and pearls

Aravali, Jwalamukhi, Karakoram, Nilgiri came later on
and even further late came Himadri and Kumaon
Satpura and Zanskar are quite recent
Now even Girnar is making its advent

Even our main building is not from start
it was founded later by a man really smart
the deed occurred on march 2 1968
by Dr. Zakir Hussain, our president great

So all this sums up the beginning of this set up
made for studying but what happens is गप शप
It'll be real fun staying here
where I hope now I will become sincere :)


Signing off...
An IITDian ;)

PS-no PS today :P

8 comments:

Creative Commons License
Poetry by Abhishek Tayal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.