Sunday, December 12, 2010

Behind the web

Well as I had said "expect a post on web development soon", so here it is.
Phew! It feels great after having completed my latest task and it feels even better to see my pieces of codes work. It really feels really great being behind the curtain and see the actual pain taken to produce a decent web page. Even a few lines on the web page may mean many several lines of work behind it. Even when I write this blog I wonder the work the programmers must have made(and the immense database they must be having) to develop blogger.com. Hats off to them(them is not just the people behind blogger but all such great sites).


How great it feels being able to decipher
that what goes behind a web page today

because now, even I'm a web developer
and its not just coding but smart coding is what I'll say

Now that I myself have written some codes
I now see fun in viewing the page source
but sadly I then realise that since I don't yet know hoards
a part of it seems to me like a code in Morse

In my past I thought that all this is a creation of HTML
but after learning different things now i see
that HTML alone is useless and we need JAVA and SQL
or maybe XML, AJAX, CSS or PHP

Although I've done a lot now but its still not enough
Its not a child's play as I once thought
doing scripting and validation can be really tough
especially when you keep getting errors long and short

I think there's not much more to say than to do
if you also like coding then this art you should learn
its not really easy as I've already warned you
but it will definitely be exciting and full of fun


Signing off...
A budding web developer

PS
1) If some of the terms felt alien to you then better see more about them a w3schools.com. They are all a part of the web developing that I do.
2) I'll take leave from you dear readers for 3 days as I'm off on a family vacation to Amritsar. See you after that with more of my words!!!
3) As I'll be away for 3 days I'll like you guys to choose one of the topics that my next post should be on.
a) corruption b) Faridabad c) rendezvous 2010
give your votes in comments below :)

9 comments:

Creative Commons License
Poetry by Abhishek Tayal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.